Search Our Blog (and the Web)

Google Custom Search

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Mosquitoes

San Francisco, here I come!!! (Well, no, not really. I have to wait for my flight before I can say that but whatever.)

So. Taiwan. Mosquitoes.

Steph, I have tons of mosquito bites you can have, since you told me to bring you back a mosquito bite. Actually, I have plenty to go around for all you CTY friends. I have... *counts again* 25 mosquito bites. And I would be totally happy to share with you guys!!!

I already told Betty this over email, and it's also on my personal blog, but I think I'll tell you guys here too.

My aunt/uncle/cousin took me and my family to go sleep in some random wooden cabin on some random mountain for one night. That night, we went down the mountain a little ways for dinner. Naturally, there were bugs. But, one MAJOR problem: I have a severe case of insectophobia...

So I was just eating my dinner, occasionally pointing out the scary ant that crawled onto the table so my family could get it away from me, and I had a plate (actually bowl, but who really cares?) of food, including some veggies.

I was about to take a bite when suddenly...

EEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A GIANT FREAKY DEAD MOSQUITO ON MY PRECIOUS FOOD. (Steph, do you want it?)

I was staring at it in shock for a second, and then I nearly screamed. My parents and aunt/uncle were like, "Yeah, okay, just take it out and you'll be fine." But they were forgetting the major problem: my insectophobia. I cannot just see a bug in my food, take it out, and continue eating like nothing ever happened. It's not in my system. And my cousin was LAUGHING at me when I was half crying about the scary mosquito in my food. Honestly, could he be any less tactless???

I got another plateful of food, but after that, I kinda lost my appetite...

So that's my big scary story of dinner on the random mountain.

PotterLover

P.S. I hate the computer keyboards in the CAL VIP Lounge... It's so hard to type with stiff keys...

No comments: